Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Advisor
(Part Time/Full Time)
Company Overview: Elite Office Furniture UK Limited is a family-owned business with 35 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of office furniture. The company currently employs 145 people. Elite has a strong reputation for operational excellence, market leading innovation and consistently maintains high levels of customer satisfaction. It is a dynamic, agile, customer focussed company that provides the culture and flexibility required to constantly evolve and deliver a diverse range office furniture solutions.
Main Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Production Director, you will contribute to the smooth operation of the Health and Safety department and contribute to the delivery of effective health and safety training and awareness. You will identify and implement measures in line with health and safety management plans and be responsible for the planning, coordination of H&S matters.
Key Skills and Experience
You will be expected to create a working environment that encourages teamwork, energy, and creativity backed by the ability to problem solve. The following skills and experience would be expected:
• Highly organised, efficient and effective at managing own workload and with the ability to multitask.
• Driven, enthusiastic and ambitious.
• Excellent communication, planning, change and time management capabilities.
• Able to persuade and influence members of staff to drive forward important H&S initiatives.
• Innovative and possessing good judgement and decision-making skills.
• Cordial and professional with the ability to efficiently communicate both verbally and in written form.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Adept in use of MS Office suite. Experience of the use of SMS.
• Preferable experience of maintaining ISO standards (however training will be given to the right candidate)
• Extensive knowledge of Health and safety /environment legislation and its application to business and industry.
• Must hold IOSH certification or equivalent and have at least 3 years H&S experience
• Experience in the following standards / certifications: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, ISO 18001, FISP, PEFC, FIRA and FORS.
Applications should be forwarded by e-mail or post with a copy of your C.V. and covering letter by Friday 3rd December 2021.
Post: PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL Human Resources Manager Elite Office Furniture UK Limited Elite Road, Goole East Yorkshire DN14 8BF